Thousand Oaks, CA – October 2016…
Mitchell’s newly reimagined line of high-performance electric guitars has been making serious waves with players of every stripe. The eye-catching MD400 Series features a modern sculpted, double-cutaway mahogany body and set neck, along with a powerful, versatile H/Mini-H pickup configuration that’s perfect for today’s heavy and hard rock player looking for a contemporary look and a punchy, aggressive tone. With a wide range of features and finishes there’s an MD Series guitar for every player.
The Mitchell MD400’s carved, double cutaway mahogany body and one-piece mahogany set neck offer unequalled tone and sustain. Both the neck and body are carefully bound in a stunning multi-ply binding/purfling to create an amazing eye-catching aesthetic. A rail-style alnico V humbucker in the bridge position and a mini-rail humbucker in the neck position combine to deliver a full-range, modern, aggressive sound with maximum tone and sustain. The string-thru body design increases sustain even further, and high-ratio locking tuning machines make precision tuning easy.
• Modern carved mahogany double cutaway body and a mahogany set neck with rosewood fretboard
• H/mini-H pickup configuration with paraffin-dipped, rail-style alnico V pickups reduce microphonics and unwanted feedback while reducing tonal dropouts
• Deep Bevel Cutaway (DBC) design allows for complete fretboard access
• String-through body design and traditional, adjustable TOM-style bridge for outstanding sustain and solid intonation
• Locking tuning machines and Graph Tech™ TUSQ XL reduced-friction nut enhance tuning stability
• Stunning multi-ply binding/purfling throughout provides eye-catching looks
• High-tensile strength fretwire for durability and smooth playability
Mitchell MD400 Series electrics are available in a variety of high-profile finishes, including high-gloss Black and Transparent Ocean Blue, as well as quilted AAA maple veneer finishes in Natural, Transparent Purple, and Transparent Forest Green.
MD400 Series models are street priced from $399 to $449. Get your hands on the new Mitchell electrics at Guitar Center, Musician’s Friend, or visit www.mitchellelectricguitars.com for more information.